A few days ago I took a close up picture with Max and the first thing I noticed (other than my tired looking eyes) was that my hair looked super dry, yikes! I have been color treating my hair (sounds better than saying bleaching) for years so it's not that big of a surprise, but that doesn't mean I can't try to help out my poor strands.
I am a huge fan of coconut oil and decided to give this age old remedy a try, with a little added invigorating peppermint oil twist.
UM WOW! This was awesome. After I washed it out my hair looked healthy, silky (not greasy) and hydrated. I was so impressed with this super simple treatment and 3 days later my hair still looks and feels great.
What you will need:
- Organic virgin coconut oil
- 2 drops of peppermint oil
- Scoop out a good amount of coconut oil (I used about a tsp but my hair is short).
- Mix the coconut oil with the peppermint oil and apply to your hair really working it into the scalp and down through the ends.
- If your hair is long twist it up into a bun. Cover your hair with a shower cap or a damp (clean) towel.
- Let the treatment sit for 30 minutes.
- Shampoo and condition in the shower to make sure you get all of the coconut oil out.
- Blow dry and style like you normally would. You will be amazed at how soft and beautiful your hair looks and feels!
If you try this, or have tried this I would love to hear your thoughts!