Monday, August 29, 2016
Helllooo! I know it's been pretty cricket-esque over here on the blog, but it's all for good reason. I've been doing a little soul searching for the last 6 months and I have come to the realization that my true passion lies in photography and capturing beautiful moments. Over the course of the six years that I have blogging, picture taking has always been my favorite part...even if it was just a styled low carb green smoothie ;) So, I've decided to take that fire and passion and start my own photography business.
Delighted Momma Photography has officially been launched and it has truly been one of the most fun "work" months that I've had in a while. Every time I finish up a session and get on the computer to look and edit the pictures I have this giant stupid grin on my face the whole time and ya know...that's what it's all about! I'm currently specializing in family and lifestyle portraits but would love to expand to other areas soon. I still plan on keeping the blog open but the focus of posts may shift a little and I am still trying to figure all of that out. Suggestions are always welcomed :)
In the meantime, if you want to stay updated you can follow along on Instagram and Facebook, where I plan to share little sneak peeks from each session.
Thank you all for always being so supportive over the years! -- xo Lindsay aka Delighted Momma
Friday, June 3, 2016
Our first time making homemade playdough, and it was a success! The boys had a blast helping and watching it transform into a playdough state...plus it smells absolutely amazing thanks to the Blue Razzle Jello-O packet we used :)
Picking out a yellow for our back door. I think I'm going with the one on the left. It's going to be the perfect fun pop of color for the long all white hallway we have.
Picking peaches with Nana in her backyard.
A delicious and impressive charcuterie plate that Ian and I shared on a recent date. Oh how I loooooove a good charcuterie plate.
Max graduated Kindergarten this week and I am so proud of this sweet little man! We are going to have the best summer ever before he heads off to the big first grade.
Have an awesome weekend!
Thursday, May 26, 2016
I would say I've got the car selfie thing down haha, but as of lately I have needed photos of just me for a few projects I've been working on. And since my husband would rather do just about anything else other than take pictures of me (no but for reals I don't know how those fashion bloggers do it) I decided to go with a pro, Brooke Aliceon. I love her beautiful, outdoor, natural style and I couldn't be happier with how the pictures she took turned out. Plus we had a blast and she was cracking me up. Win win when taking pictures.
Getting pictures taken can be pretty nerveracking whatever the occasion may be. I mean.... you want to love them right?! So here are a few tips when looking for and booking a photographer:
- Determine the style you are going for. This is the most important part because it will reflect how you are portrayed. Are you going for total glam and edgy, or are you going for a more natural candid look? There are dozens of others styles you just have to figure it out in the very beginning. After you have determined a style you can begin to narrow down a photographer.
- Once you have found a photographer that matches you style, stalk them a little bit (the nice kind of stalking of course) on social media. Check out their Facebook page, Instagram account, and website to make sure the vibe you are going for matches the vibe the photographer is putting out there. Every photographer has their own individual style and by checking out their past work you can get a pretty good idea of what exactly that is.
- Make sure your personalities mesh. This is also very important because getting pictures taken is already pretty stressful...What to wear? Will my kids be little a-holes? Will my husband be in a good mood? Why did I get this zit this morning? Ha! Those are just some of the things that go through my mind, and you want to make sure your photographer is going to make you feel comfortable and relaxed. The last thing you want when you are already more than likely stressed is a photographer who irritates you. Right?! Plus the more at ease you feel, the better and more natural your pictures will look.
- And lastly when it comes down to the actual picture day, remember to relax, have fun and go with the flow!
And those are my tips that I have found to be quite handy over the last couple of years!
Wednesday, May 25, 2016
My mom and I headed out to Palm Springs last week for our annual mother daughter trip, and we had a freaking blast! My mom is just about the funnest (I say it's a word) and most spontaneous gal around and we are never short of adventures whenever we get together. We stayed at the Saguaro, which is this amazing colorful hotel. I have never seen so many purple walls in my life, and I actually loved it...and coming from a white wall only chick that's saying a lot. It has a super chill vibe during the week, which was perfect for us since we got the pool basically to ourselves during the day. BUT I did hear it gets pretty poppin on the weekends so if you want to stay at a fun place I would definitely recommend it!
My mom and I getting our selfie on at one of the many colorful walls at the Saguaro.
We rented bikes and explored all the super fabulous midcentury modern homes up in the hills... So many heart eyes and too many pictures to even post! I was in time warp heaven.
And our final stop before heading home was the Moorten Botanical Garden. This place is unreal! A must see if you visit Palm Springs.
Palm Springs is one of my all time favorite places to escape to. It feels like you enter a zone where time doesn't exist the moment you arrive and it stays that way until the moment you leave.
Wednesday, May 18, 2016
I am off to Palm Springs this morning with my Mom for our yearly mother daughter trip! We plan on renting bikes, doing a little shopping, visiting some rad restaurants, and lounging by the pool. The weather should be pretty perfect and I can't wait to soak up all the sunshine humanly possible...with my usual SPF 50 on of course ;)
Be back Friday!
Monday, May 16, 2016
I grocery shop on Sunday and by Wednesday (wed-nes-day...you know you do that too) we are fresh outta snacks. I swear my boys are legitimate bottomless pits. So last week I thought it would be fun to create an easy to make snack that the boys could help me with...AKA keep them busy for 10 whole minutes until they asked for another snack again.
What you will need:
- 1 cup of organic grape juice (or whatever juice you prefer)
- 1/4 cup of unflavored gelatin
- 6-8 drops of liquid Stevia (or you can use 3 tbs of honey if you want them a little sweeter)
- Add all of the ingredients together in a small saucepan and on medium heat whisk everything together until well combined.
- Remove from heat and quickly and carefully pour the mixture into your molds (do not let it cool)
- Place in the refrigerator for an hour or until fully set.
A quick, healthy and fun to make snack. My boys loved these!
Friday, May 13, 2016
Fresh blueberries picked by Ronin on our blueberry picking date this week. We plan on making this cobbler with them...yummm!
The best Mother's Day brunch basically ever! It was buffet style and I felt like Peter Pan in that scene in the movie Hook where they go and have that giant feast, and there is everything you could possibly imagine to eat. It was pretty incredible and this was all that I could pile on without looking like a lost boy.
My happy and dirty three year old, who will be FOUR (wahhhhhh) in just a few short weeks. I hope I always remember him just like this.
A little peek into the boy's bathroom, which we are finally getting around to finishing up (just need a shower door). It's a subway explosion and I love it. Also, super happy we went with dark grout and flooring since you know...boys are giant dirt balls.
Have an awesome weekend! And thank you for all the support and positive feedback on this post. I was waiting for the negative nelly flood gates to open and they never really did. I'm pretty sure I have the coolest most supportive readers ever. You guys are the best.