Tuesday, September 30, 2014
1) "Cheesy" Baked Cauliflower Poppers: Perfect for snacking on while watching football and even your non healthy food loving friends will love these!
2) Baked Apple Chips: These are one of my family's favorite fall treats! Plus they make your whole house smell heavenly as they bake.
3) Flourless Snickerdoodle Cookies: These are soft, moist and delicious. If you have little cookie monsters living at your house like I do, these will not last long.
4) The Two Minute Pumpkin Pie: This Paleo treat will blow your freaking mind, promise. Sometimes you just need a little treat NOW and you do not have to wait an hour for it to be ready...so when that happens make this.
5) Flourless Pumpkin Brownies: These super moist, cake like brownies are another family favorite with the boys. The pumpkin is not overwhelming and they are juuuuuust right.
6) Pumpkin Pie Sugar Cookies (Paleo): You need to make these. That is all there is to say about these. You will not be disappointed.
7) Baked Parsnip Fries: These are sweet, salty and the perfect healthy alternative to french fries.
Have you made any of these treats yet? I would love to hear your feedback if so!
Monday, September 29, 2014
Trying to take a normal looking selfie with one of these things on is nearly impossible ;)
If you are a long time reader you are probably already aware that I have been a licensed esthetician for over 8 years. I have worked for doctors, plastic surgeons, cosmetic dentists and at one point I ran my own esthetics business out of my home. So I have seen it all as far as skin treatments go. For the longest time I have been intrigued by the whole body wrap treatment thing but the reality is I just do not have the luxury of actually going to a salon on a regular basis (hey I can barely make it to my hair appointment on time) to try it out.
So long story short, one of my good friends recently started selling body wraps. The hook line and sinker for me was that you could apply the wraps by yourself to specific targeted areas in your own home...what what!! I am a big ingredient whore (yes I am) so I sat there in her kitchen reading all the ingredients before applying and I was sold. I bought one and took it home to try.
I have used two wraps so far and you guys I was blown away. My tummy area feels super tight, does not feel bloated (like it always does ughhh) and my jeans in the belly area are actually loose. To say I am happy is an understatement.
So the number one question that you might be asking yourself is, "Well isn't this just water loss?"
The answer is no. The special blend of botanical ingredients actually works to lighten, tone, and detoxify your fatty tissue below the surface of the skin, leaving you with amazing slimming results that is not related to water loss.
If you would like to try this out for yourself you can find every thing you need here. If you have any additional questions about how you can get started or how you can get the wraps at my cost you can leave them below or email me at email@example.com
This is a before and after of a close family friend who has done 2 wraps....she is pretty excited about her results so far!
Can't wait to hear from you and if you do end up wrapping make sure to take before pics!
Friday, September 26, 2014
Fall-ifying my mantel with a few little things including an owl that Max picked out.
A quote I spotted on a little notepad that I just loved. So true.
Lemonade sweetened only with Stevia that was sent to us to try from Leaf & Love. It is USDA organic and all natural...woo hoo for that! The boys loved this and it was so nice to give them a juice box that I knew was actually good for them and not loaded with sugar. We will be ordering more for sure. You can use the coupon code MTJVVKFL to receive $2 off your purchase.
Free paint swatch samples = our favorite way to learn colors.
Backyard hangin with my two favorite little guys who lit up when they spotted this grasshopper, which they named and watched for a whole half hour. There is seriously nothing better than hanging and chatting with these two little guys. They make you realize that joy can be found in the simplest of things.
Have a wonderful weekend!
Thursday, September 25, 2014
Fall has arrived! I am pretty pumped for all things pumpkin and everything else that is super cliche that I totally get into. Southern California has not received the "lets have colder weather report" but I decided I was not going to let that ruin my fall fun. So to get everyone in my house in the spirit I made some freaking fantastic, frozen pumpkin pie bites. They were gone in a flash and so easy to make!
What you will need for the crust:
- 2 cups of raw cashews (soaked in water for 3-4 hours is ideal)
- 1 1/2 cup of pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil
- 1/2 cup of honey or maple syrup
What you will need for the crust:
- 2 cups of raw almonds
- 1 cup of pitted dates
- 1 tbs of coconut oil
- Place all of the ingredients for the crust in a food processor or high powered blender. Process until you have a sticky dough consistency. If you need to add a little more coconut oil to the crust do it at this point.
- Take a small amount of crust and roll it into a ball. Then place it on the bottom of your muffin tin and press down firmly so it holds together.
- Clean your food processor or blender and place all the ingredients for the filling inside. Process until you have a smooth pumpkin pie filling consistency
- Layer the filling on top of the crust.
- Place in the freezer for about an hour or until they are set.
Friday, September 19, 2014
Whew this week was busy! It seems like the weeks are now flying by since Max has started Pre-K, which he is absolutely loving by the way. Speaking of Pre-K funny little story... A couple days ago I was driving Max to school and he said, "Mom when you come to pick me up in class can you please not say, 'Hiiiiii MAXXX! How was your dayyy?!' So loud in front of all my friends?" Ummm what?! Hahahaha! I told him that's fine I could be a boring mom who doesn't say hi at all or ask him any questions and we can just go straight to the car in silence. He then told me, "Okay I like the fun mom, be her just don't be so loud." Ok noted buddy, but I can't promise that I will never embarrass you again ;)
Here a few snippets of our week according to my Instagram.
1. Farm fresh eggs brought over by Grandpa. They are so rich and so yummy!
2. What a typical morning looks like on the weekend. The boys crawl in our bed and totally take it over. I actually don't mind one bit, unless it happens before 5am ;)
3. Max enjoying the life. Being 4 is awesome. Not a care in the world.
4. Waiting in the parking lot for Max's Pre-K class to start. He has been working on his bear hugging skills and here he is basically squeezing my brains out.
5. Adding a little fall-iday (ooooo I like that word) cheer to my front door step.
6. Slicing open a perfectly ripe and locally grown avocado. Not sure why this makes me so happy but it does.
Hope you all have a wonderful weekend! Today I am off to a place of fun-ness with the boys to soak up this last bit of summer.
Tuesday, September 16, 2014
Lately I have been trying to make a conscious effort to take a little bit better care of myself both physically and mentally. It is so easy to just get stuck in the rut of being a mom and constantly putting yourself last.
So sometimes when the husband is home at night and I get a little alone time in my own house, instead of just drinking wine and browsing the internet (pretty much what usually happens) I have been getting creative with different beauty treatments and I turn my bathroom into a mini spa for like 25 minutes, since that is usually all the time I get before little people come running in ha. It leaves me feeling relaxed, refreshed and just better in general.
I recently experimented with Pink Himalayan sea salt since it is a natural detoxifying agent and I loved the after results!
Benefits of Himalayan Salt:
- Helps draw out toxins from your body
- Improves air quality (so even putting an open jar next to your bath would be wonderful too)
- Improves energy
- Deep cleanses the skin
What you need:
- 1 cup of Himalayan Salt (can be found in bulk at your local health food store)
- 1 can of coconut milk (only ingredients should be coconut milk & water)
- 6-7 drops of lavender essential oil
Add all of ingredients listed above to a warm bath. Hop in, sit back and relax :)
Monday, September 15, 2014
As a licensed Esthetician I am a firm believer that as the weather changes so should a few of your beauty products and skin treatments. When the weather is drier and colder your skin will have different needs and in return will respond differently to products you were using in the hotter months. Below are a few of my favorite beauty and skin products for fall, which is quickly approaching and I can't wait!
1. MyChelle Incredible Pumpkin Peel: This is a current favorite of mine right now. It smells heavenly and gives your skin the ultimate glow while gently exfoliating the dead skin cells away. Best when used 2-3 times per week.
2. Benefit Brow Kit: Until a few months ago I never filled in my eyebrows but ever since I have been using this, I can't imagine not ever filling them in again! I love the super natural look it gives your brows without them looking drawn in or too harsh.
3. MyChelle Pumpkin Renew Cream: Many of you have asked me what I use for my moisturizer and this is it. It is packed full of incredible ingredients such as acai, pumpkin seed oil, micro-algae, Camu Camu (which contains the highest documented quantity of natural vitamin C on Earth) and more. It leaves my skin looking and feeling hydrated without ever making me feel oily or breaking me out.
4. Sephora Formula X Nail Polish: Have you tried this brand yet? I am obsessed! It is by far the best nail polish that I have ever used. It makes your nails look like you are wearing gel and it stays on for days! I'm currently all about plums and grays.
5. Josie Maran Coconut Watercolor Eyeshadow: I am loving metallics for fall and this creamy based eyeshadow is so so good. It hydrates your eyelids and the color stays on effortlessly for hours.
6. Clarisonic Mia: I am a big fan of this! I always recommend holding off on too much exfoliation or peels during the summer but once the weather starts to cool and you are able to avoid the sun a little more it's the perfect time to incorporate this gentle and amazing exfoliating system into your beauty routine. It creates noticeably healthy skin and helps reduce the appearance of pore size.
7. Egyptian Magic: This wonderful all natural and all purpose cream is my go-to product once fall hits and my skin becomes dry. You can use this on the bottom of your feet to relieve cracked heels, as a hair masque, wound healer, a shaving balm and so much more.
Labels: skin care tips