Even though summer does not officially start for another month (thank you google) I have been dreaming about warm summer nights, BBQs, splish splashin in the pool, cold beers, fire pits and fresh triple berry cobbler.
Fruit cobbler is something that I have been making for the longest time. In fact, it was one of the first desserts I ever made for my husband that did not suck. My old recipe (not paleo or thigh friendly at all) was delicious but because I no longer eat cake mix and sticks of butter on the regular I decided to give an old favorite a new healthier twist.
What you will need:
- 4 cups of berries ( I used fresh boysenberries/strawberries and frozen blueberries)
- 1 1/2 cups of almond flour
- 2 tbs of coconut oil (melted)
- 2 tbs of honey
- 5-6 dashes of cinnamon (hate me in the comment section for not measuring exactly)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Grease a 8x8 baking dish with coconut oil and spread berries evenly along the bottom.
- In a seperate bowl, mix together the almond flour, coconut oil, honey and cinnamon until you have a nice crumbly mixture. If it seems a little too dry, add a little more coconut oil. If it seems a little too wet, add a little more almond flour. Depending on how fine your almond meal is this can change things slightly, so adjust as needed.
- Spread the crumb topping evenly over the berries. Sprinkle a good amount of cinnamon on top.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until top is lightly golden brown.
This turned out amazing. It had the perfect amount of sweetness and the crumbly topping was oh so good. My husband (and toddler) ate giant bowls of it and asked if I could make it again soon, which is always a good sign.