These muffins contain one of my favorite food combinations. Apples + cinnamon. One of my friends recently asked me if my husband really likes all the recipes that I post about and the answer is no...ha! If my man does not like a recipe it must really suck so I do not post about it :) I have made quite a few flourless muffin recipes where he has said, "Hmm.." and they sit in the tupperware for a week untouched. Translation: Yuck and I take the hint and do not post about them. He did not say that about these. In fact my husband and two year old finished off the whole batch of muffins within 2 days. Yep. These are good. Really good. This recipe is slightly adapted from here.
What you will need:
- 2 cups of almond meal
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup of unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup of maple syrup
- 1 tbs of cinnamon
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 2 tsp of vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Blend the eggs together in a separate small bowl.
- Mix together all the above ingredients and slowly stir in the blended eggs.
- Pour the batter evenly into 12 muffin baking cups.
- Cook 20-25 minutes until the tops are golden brown.
Makes 12 muffins and each muffin has only 5.5 grams of effective carbohydrate. Pretty awesome news for you carb counters!