I have decided that just because I can't eat carbs does not mean I need to sacrifice some of my favorite foods. HELLO pancakes and mashed potatoes.
These might just change your life...okay maybe not but they have definitely made my Saturday mornings just a little bit more exciting. I used this recipe as a guideline and made a few tiny tweaks along the way. The magic ingredient in these pancakes that makes them virtually carb free is almond meal/flour.
What you will need:
- 1 and 1/2 cups of almond meal
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup of water
- 2 tbs of cooking oil. I use walnut oil
- 1 tsp of stevia or sweetener
- 1 tsp of cinnamon (optional but I think it makes them taste delicious)
* you could also add a dash of vanilla for a little extra sweetness.
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Measure out 1/4 cup of batter and pour onto a a hot pan will a little butter or oil. Cook them as you would normally cook pancakes.
- Flip them when you see a few bubbles on the top and the underside is light brown.
These definitely have the taste of almonds, which I love. They are not as sweet as regular pancakes but you can add blueberries or bananas into the mix to spruce them up a bit! I also recommend topping each pancake with a little butter. I noticed this helps to soften them up and make them taste even more like the real deal. Not only are these delicious but they will not make a dent on your scale!
PLEASE leave a comment below if you try these. I would love to know what you think!