5 Unique Health and Beauty Benefits of Green Clay
Tuesday, May 6, 2014
Green clay (also known as natural bentonite clay) is the best! It is wonderful when used as part of your beauty regime, I swear by it. But did you know it also has quite a few other uses that are just as awesome? Today i am going to share some of the wonderful other uses that you may or may not know about.
5 Health and Beauty Uses of Green Clay:
1. Enjoy a detoxifying green clay bath. Clay baths pull toxins out through your pores and soften your skin. Add a few large scoops into your bath and sit back and relax.
2. Help reduce and clear existing acne breakouts with a skin clearing mask. Read all about that here.
3. Use it on bug bites. Mix a small about of clay with water until you have a paste. Apply it directly onto the bite to help reduce swelling and to draw out infection.
4. Use it for eczema and psoriasis. Mix a paste like above and apply directly to irritated areas. The clay helps with itching and calms down the skin.
5. Use it as a foot mask for dry callused feet. Add 1/2 cup of clay mixed with warm water into a container that will fit both of your feet. Let your feet soak for up to 30 minutes. Repeat this a few times a week until the skin starts to rub off naturally.
You can find green clay at your local health food store in bulk and online here.
And there you go! If you have any other uses for green clay I would love to hear in the comment section.
The health & beauty benefits of coconut oil (uncommon uses)
5 beauty benefits of witch hazel