My first adult Vegas trip (that one time I went with a 7 week old Max does not count) was awesome! I flew out on Wednesday to meet up with the husband who was there for work and was back on Friday. I ate some of the best food I have ever tasted and drank way more martinis and gimlets than is probably considered healthy but you live and learn and pay for it later ha. Let me just say that two days in Vegas is plenty though. Any more than that and you might need a total alcohol and food detox. Just sayin. So in honor of my no alcohol for at least a week and healthy eating only plan that I started yesterday...I decided to make these freakin outstanding cookies. Okay so cookies might not be the ideal food choice for a food detox but it seemed like a good idea at the time and it made everyone in my house happy campers and what's better then that?
What you will need:
- 3/4 cup of almond butter
- 1/2 cup of organic coconut sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp of baking soda
- 1/4 tsp of sea salt + a little extra for sprinkling on top
- 1 cup of Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Stir together the almond butter and the following 4 ingredients. Once your batter is mixed together, stir in the chocolate chips.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and drop rounded tbs size cookies onto the sheet.
- Flatten each cookie out slightly with the bottom of a spoon.
- Sprinkle a tiny bit of sea salt on top of the cookies.
- Bake for 13 minutes or until cookie edges are golden brown.
- Let cookies cool and enjoy!
Recipe makes 24 cookies.