No one really needs to know (or notice) if you stayed up a little too late watching Mad Men (guilty), had too much wine, or if you were woken up every other hour to feed a new baby (been there). This week's beauty tip is not only easy to do yourself, it works and gives you results almost instantly.
Why it works:
- Matcha green tea contains tannins and tannins help shrink swollen tissue.
- Caffeine from the tea constricts blood vessels to reduce swelling and dark circles.
- 1/4 tsp of matcha green tea powder (you can find this at an Asian market, health food store or online here
- 1/2 cup of warm filtered water
- Ice cube tray
- Mix together the matcha green tea with 1/2 cup of warm water (the warm water helps it dissolve) and fill up the ice trays with it and let freeze. If you are using the tea from the tea bags simply fill as many ice trays as you wish after you are done brewing.
- Once the ice cubes are set you are ready to start your de-puffing beauty treatment! Or you can save them in the freezer for when you need them.
- Before applying under the eyes do a quick water rinse of the ice cube to remove any freezer frost.
- Rub the ice cube under your eyes (or all over your face for ultimate benefits) for about 4-5 minutes.
- Check yourself out in the mirror and brave the day as a new refreshed gal (or guy)!
DIY Rejuvenating Green Tea Matcha Mask
How to Make an Instant Natural Energy Drink (with Matcha)