A new year means a fresh start. A fresh start not only to your health but also to the way you take care of your skin. Incorporating a mask into your skin care regime is a great place to start. Maybe your skin needs a New Year's boost. This incredible mask will do just that.
Matcha powder is a powerful antioxidant that will stimulate dead skin cells and improve tired, dull skin. This is one of my favorite "secret" (not so secret anymore) masks. It makes your skin feel and look like silk.
What you will need:
- Matcha green tea powder -- I purchase mine from a local Asian Market. You can also find at a specialty health food store or online here.
- Mix one tsp of matcha powder with a few drops of either water or aloe vera gel until you have a paste. If your mask is too watery add more powder. If it is too sticky add more water.
- Apply the mask to your face with a soft facial brush.
- Leave on for 20 minutes and then remove with warm water and a soft washcloth.
- Follow up with a moisturizer.
Please come back and let me know what you think if you try this! If you have any questions pertaining to this post please leave them below and I will do my best to answer.