I recently discovered matcha green tea powder and it is awesome! There is no brewing, there is no waiting and if you do it just like I show below, it is a completely natural instant way to get some energy. I have been drinking this throughout the day or right before I go for a run and I can tell a major difference as compared to when I drink coffee. I don't feel jittery and cracked out of my mind. You coffee drinkers know what I am talking about. I feel alert, focused and have a ton of energy to do whatever I need to do.
The benefits of matcha green tea powder:
- Boosts metabolism and burns calories.
- Does not raise insulin levels. Being a type 1 diabetic I love this since coffee sometimes spikes my blood sugar for no reason at all.
- Fights against viruses and bacteria.
- Enhances mood.
- Has more antioxidants than blueberries or pomegranates.
- Provides potent cancer fighting properties.
- Helps to safely cleanse and detoxify the body.
- I have personally noticed that it helps curb those annoying afternoon snack cravings.
- Does not raise blood pressure or heart rate.
- An empty reusable water bottle. *I used a glass bottle so you can actually see the green tea, but I usually put mine in a BPA free water bottle that I bring with me everywhere.
- Matcha green tea powder. You can find this at most health food stores, specialty Asian markets and online here.
- Liquid stevia. Optional but I think it makes it taste amazing.
- Fill your water bottle up to almost the very top.
- Add 1/4 tsp of matcha powder for every 8-20 ounces of water. Add a few drops of liquid stevia.
- Put the lid on and shake shake shake until everything has dissolved. That's it!
- Enjoy :)