A few things...
#1: People who send "How could you, I thought you were healthy...and if you really eat Paleo cavemen did not use microwaves (well duhhhhh, they also did not use ceramic dishes or canned coconut oil spray) and this is a bad example" comments on some of my recipes make me laugh. Yes microwaves can make things a little wonky if you use them the wrong way, but when I want a 3 minute chocolate mug cake I basically think it's the best thing ever. And most mornings I thank my microwave and maybe even want to kiss it for making my life so much easier, since all it takes is a few seconds and BAM my coffee is reheated. What's better than that? Cold coffee sucks. I feel better now.
#2: We have a bajillion apples in our backyard at the moment and I really believe that certain desserts are totally acceptable to make whether it's summer or fall, apple crisp being one of them. You can enjoy this hot or cold and it's just as delicious either way.
What you will need:
- 5 medium apples
- 1 1/2 cups of almond meal
- 1 tbs of cinnamon
- 3 tbs of melted honey
- 4 tbs of melted coconut oil
- dash of salt
- 1 lemon
- 2 tbs of coconut sugar
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Wash, core and thinly slice the apples. (I used an apple corer)
- Closely layer all the apples in an 8x8 baking dish.
- Squeeze the juice of one medium sized lemon on top of all the layered apples.
- In a separate bowl mix together the almond meal, cinnamon, melted honey, melted coconut oil and salt.
- Spread the crumble topping on top of the layered apples.
- Evenly sprinkle the coconut sugar on top.
- Bake for 50 minutes.
My whole family could not get enough of this! Even little Ronin was saying, "Mmmmm!" with every bite. We ate this every way possible. We had it straight out of the oven warm, on top of vanilla ice cream and cold with a little almond milk mixed in for breakfast (my favorite).