The key ingredient to making this crust low carb is flax seed meal.
What you will need:
- 1 1/2 cup of flax seed meal
- 2 tsp of baking powder
- 1 tsp of oregano
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1/2 tsp of Stevia or natural sweetener
- 3 eggs
- 3 tbs of olive oil
- 1/2 cup of water
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Mix dry ingredients together.
- Add wet ingredients and mix well.
- Let the dough sit for about 5 minutes to thicken up.
- Spread dough on a large round pan. If you don't have this you can line a cookie sheet with greased parchment paper (this is what I did).
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cooked through. Check it at the 15 minute mark and take out if it looks done.
- Add toppings and place back into the oven to melt the cheese.
For the toppings I used organic pizza sauce, Parmesan and mozzarella cheese, tomatoes, garlic and basil. After you add toppings place pizza back into oven to melt the cheese.
I am officially in heaven. The whole pizza was devoured by my family before any one could blink.
For you carb counters out there, this entire pizza has only 7 grams of carbohydrate! One slice of regular pizza has 25-30 grams. That is insane to me. I see no point in ever making pizza the old way again.