I would say I am definitely a lipgloss over lipstick kinda gal. I have tried so many different lipsticks (thanks a lot Pinterest haha) and each time I put it on I feel like I am seven again wearing my mom's lipstick and it just doesn't feel like me. Lipgloss on the other hand, always feels light enough to wear daily and yet still glam enough to wear on a night out.
After my recent success with this all natural blush I decided to experiment a little further and try to incorporate beet powder in a lipgloss recipe. I could not love this more!
What you will need:
- 1/2 tsp of beet root powder *
- 1/2 tsp of 100% pure liquid lanolin
- 1/2 tsp of almond oil
* You can find beet root powder in bulk at your local natural grocery store (Whole Foods, Sprouts etc...) or online here.
- Thoroughly mix all of the ingredients together in a small glass bowl. Make sure you really mash up the beet root powder so there are no clumps.
- Transfer your lipgloss into an empty container with a lid.
- Apply and enjoy!
I love the natural looking, fun punch of color this gives you! If you end up trying this out make sure to come back and let me know what you think!
Side note: I know most of you want to actually seeeee what the lipgloss as well as natural blush look like on but since I have had a live in gym clothes hot mess looking kind of week I just haven't gotten around to getting cute for a picture. BUT I pinky promise that I will share a picture of me wearing both in this Friday's post.