What you will need:
- 1 1/2 cups of almond meal
- 1 tbs of coconut flour
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 1/4 cup of melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- 1/2 tsp of cinnamon + extra for rolling dough in
- 1/2 tsp of nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp of baking soda
- 1/4 tsp of sea salt
- Combine all the ingredients together in a bowl and mix well.
- Cover the cookie dough and place in the fridge to chill for one hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Roll the cookies into small balls and coat in cinnamon.
- Use the bottom of a cup or jar to flatten them out.
- Place cookies on a parchment lined cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
This recipe makes 14 cookies and each cookie has approx 5 grams of effective carbohydrate.
On a side note: I just googled, "When does fall start?" and it is September 22 just FYI. Wooo just a month away!