What you will need:
- 2 large onions (I used sweet onions)
- 2 tbs of finely chopped thyme
- 1 1/2 cup of almond meal
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1/2 tsp of pepper
- 1/2 tsp of garlic powder
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Wash and slice your onion into rings. Remove that sticky outer layer.
- Combine all of the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Mix together the two eggs in a separate bowl.
- Dip each onion ring in the egg mixture first and then in the "flour" mixture.
- Place on a lined baking sheet (makes for easy cleanup).
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Turn over the onion rings at the halfway mark. When they are nice and golden take them out.