A few months ago I noticed I was getting this really annoying little red itchy spot on the inside of my arm where my elbow creases. The more I itched it the more I irritated it and the more it grew.
I made an appointment with my Dermatologist to see what it was. Turns out it was eczema. The Dr. prescribed me a prescription and sent me on my way. Of course I read every single ingredient on the back of the label and decided no way was I going to use that. I did some research and discovered calendula oil was a wonderful all natural remedy for eczema. I purchased a little bottle right away. The redness went down almost immediately and the irritating itchiness was gone by the morning. I have now been using it on the eczema spot for 3 months and its almost completely gone.
What is Calendula oil:
- Calendula oil is distilled from the deep orange colored flowers we're all familiar with as an annual plant in many home gardens.
Who can benefit most from Calendula oil?
- Calendula oil is perfect for those with sensitive skin. It can also be extremely beneficial to those who suffer from dry or chapped skin.
Benefits of Calendula oil:
- Great all natural moisturizer for dry skin.
- It has antiseptic, anti fungal, anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties, which make it a great option for treating skin infections.
- Helps reduce inflammation in skin conditions like eczema and dermatitis.
- It is mild and soothing. Perfect for skin that is irritated.
- Amazing all natural diaper rash remedy for babies. I use this along with Emu oil on my son whenever I notice a little diaper rash starting to appear.
You can find calendula oil at almost any heath food store. You can also order it online here.
If you have any questions regarding this post you can leave them in the comment section and I will be happy to answer below.
The Jewelmint giveaway winner is:
Congrats Val! Please e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org