Lately I have been trying to make a conscious effort to take a little bit better care of myself both physically and mentally. It is so easy to just get stuck in the rut of being a mom and constantly putting yourself last.
So sometimes when the husband is home at night and I get a little alone time in my own house, instead of just drinking wine and browsing the internet (pretty much what usually happens) I have been getting creative with different beauty treatments and I turn my bathroom into a mini spa for like 25 minutes, since that is usually all the time I get before little people come running in ha. It leaves me feeling relaxed, refreshed and just better in general.
I recently experimented with Pink Himalayan sea salt since it is a natural detoxifying agent and I loved the after results!
Benefits of Himalayan Salt:
- Helps draw out toxins from your body
- Improves air quality (so even putting an open jar next to your bath would be wonderful too)
- Improves energy
- Deep cleanses the skin
What you need:
- 1 cup of Himalayan Salt (can be found in bulk at your local health food store)
- 1 can of coconut milk (only ingredients should be coconut milk & water)
- 6-7 drops of lavender essential oil
Add all of ingredients listed above to a warm bath. Hop in, sit back and relax :)