Summer just got a little bit more awesome because my sister is home from Germany for a couple months. I haven't seen her in over a year so catch up time has been a major priority. We have been doing all kinds of fun things and each day usually ends with her at my house, while we enjoy a glass of wine (or two), make a yummy snack and watch the boys run around the backyard like complete nut jobs. The other afternoon we put together this salsa, which I must say is pretty much the ultimate summer-time snack.
What you will need:
- 1 cup of diced strawberries
- 1 cup of diced pineapple
- 1 jalepeno diced (remove seeds)
- 1/2 cup of chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup of diced red onion
- Juice from 1 lime
- Dash of sea salt
- Add all of the ingredients into a bowl and throughly mix everything up together.
- Serve with whatever chips you prefer (I love roasted sweet potato and beet chips) and enjoy!
The combination of the sweet, tart and spicy is just perfect...and completely addicting!