With summer quickly approaching I wanted to share some of my recent favorite skin and beauty must-haves. During the summer I usually stay away from a ton of makeup and tend to keep things semi minimalist in that department. Instead, I usually pay more attention to the little details like fun nail colors, creating messy beach waves in my hair and keeping my skin extra hydrated and protected from all the summer sun.
1. Alterna Bamboo Beach Summer Ocean Waves: This product is super light weight, smells fresh and gives you that perfect, "I just got back from the beach" look. I use it on my hair when it is damp or spray it on after I style it like I did here.
2. Kate Somerville Face and Body Self Tanning Pads: Perfect for when you need a quick, streak free boost of color. I love these because they give you a natural sun kissed glow without turning your skin orange. You can also apply as often as you like if you prefer a deeper tan color, which is always nice.
3. Poppy Austin Rose Water Facial Toner: If you aren't up for making your own, this is the next best thing. This is soothing, refreshing and perfect for after you have had a little too much sun and need a little skin TLC.
4. Jack Black Intense Lip Therapy SPF 25: This is the ultimate lip treatment. It soothes and protects your lips from sun and wind and keeps them feeling moisturized for hours on end without feeling like you need to keep re-applying.
5. See By Chloe Perfume: My current favorite perfume. I love that it is light enough to wear every day without it being overwhelming. It has hints of jasmine and vanilla which makes this the perfect summer time scent.
6. Supergoop! Sun-Defying Sunscreen Oil: You guys...this stuff is amazing. It is lightweight, non-greasy and provides super antioxidant protection. It is also formulated without parabens and sulfates, which I love.
7. First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream: This amazing whipped, non-greasy emollient cream is perfect for distressed skin that can sometimes become agitated from the dry summer weather. It provides immediate relief and visible improvement. A must have.
9. Skin Trip Mountain Ocean Coconut Moisturizer: If you want to smell like a beach goddess then use this all over your body. It smells heavenly and instantly hydrates your skin.
10. bkr Glass Water Bottle: Okay so this is not really a beauty or skin care product BUT one of the most important things you can do for your skin during the summer is to keep it hydrated. So why not have a cute bottle that will make you want to drink more water? That philosophy works for me anyway :)
Do you have any current favorite summer beauty products that you just can't live without? I would love to hear!