I made sandwiches of this last week for my sister and her husband who came over for lunch. My sister's husband took a bite and said, "This is better than regular bread!" And this is coming from a guy who I am pretty sure considers wheat bread a necessary food group.
What you will need:
- 1 1/3 cup of whole ground flax seed meal
- 1 1/3 cup of blanched almond meal
- 2 tsp of baking soda
- 6 tbs of olive oil
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1 tsp of garlic salt (I used garlic salt with a blend of sea salt, roasted garlic, onion and parsley)
- 2 tbs of chopped rosemary (I used fresh)
- 1/4 cup of nutritional yeast (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degree.
- In a large bowl combine all the dry ingredients.
- In a small bowl combine all the wet ingredients.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients until they are fully blended together.
- Pour batter into greased loaf pan and make sure it is evenly distributed.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Edges should be nice and brown when done.
Wait until it cools and when it does, you can slice it just like you would a normal loaf of bread. Enjoy!
Makes 13-14 slices of bread and each slice has approximately 3 grams of effective carbohydrate. Boom! (I felt like typing that)