As a type 1 diabetic, scones are on the top of my DO NOT eat list. If I even attempt to taste a real carby loaded scone it will send my blood sugar into the dangerous high zone for hours...leaving me feeling like crap all day long. After making delicious Paleo flourless brownies, I knew this recipe for Paleo scones was something I needed to try asap. I made a few little modifications and I was so happy with how these turned out!
What you will need:
- 2 cups of almond flour
- 1/4 tsp of sea salt
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 1 cup of dried blueberries
- 1/4 cup of unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 egg
- 2 tbs of agave nectar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- In a large bowl, mix together the almond flour, sea salt, baking soda, blueberries and coconut.
- In a small bowl, mix the egg and agave nectar together.
- Combine the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until blended together.
- Use your hands to knead the dough to thoroughly distribute all the ingredients.
- Form dough into two large circles about 1/2 inch thick.
- Cut each circle like a pizza. You can determine how large or small you would like to make your scones.
- Place scones on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the tops are golden brown.