These muffins are not only deee-licious, but they are made without any flour and sugar. Instead, I used almond meal (a low carb flour substitute) and liquid all natural stevia (best thing ever). I used a basic low carb muffin recipe, but made a few tweaks to the recipe to make it my own and to make the muffins a little bit more moist.
What you will need:
- 2 1/3 cups of almond meal
- 2 tsp of baking powder
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1/2 tsp of liquid stevia (you can find this awesome sugar substitute at your local health food grocery store)
- 1/3 cup of gluten free chocolate chips (regular is fine to use if you can not find GF)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together the dry ingredients first. Add wet ingredients and mix until they are all blended together.
- Place baking cups into muffin tray. Scoop enough muffin batter to fill each muffin tin about 2/3 of the way full.
- Bake for 15 minutes.