I am such a huge fan of Pinterest. It is a beyond genius concept. I could seriously spend tons of unproductive hours on there pinning away everything that makes my heart do a little skip.
What I have personally noticed is it can easily become a black hole (a fun black hole) of things that you pin and never do, make or buy for the most part. Who's with me on that one?
So here is how this new blog series is going to work...each week I will be testing out either a recipe, beauty tip, DIY, cleaning/organizing idea etc, that I have pinned on Pinterest. I will then share here on the blog how it turned out and what I thought about it (completely honest opinion).
Each week I will of course always link back to the original source not back to Pinterest because giving credit to the Original G is important.
So lets get started with the first Pin-tester of the series: The Miracle Mask from College Fashion.
Ahh scary I know! My poor son screamed when he saw me.
If you have been reading my blog for a while you are probably aware that I am an esthetician who LOVES diy skin care so I knew this was something I needed to try asap.
The mask recipe, which can be found here is made up of honey, cinnamon and nutmeg, which are all great ingredients for the skin. I left the mask on for 30 like the directions said and this is what I thought...
- Smelled amazing. After I removed it my face smelled like a delicious cinnamon bun for the remainder of the day.
- Super easy to mix together and I had all of ingredients in my cupboard.
- My skin felt soft and tighter after I removed it.
- It was as a pain in the butt to remove.
- My skin was a little itchy and red (from the cinnamon) but I also have super sensitive skin while pregnant so that was most likely amplifying things a little.
- It got everywhere! It was on my camera, in my eyelashes and dripped down my shirt ha...I was a sticky mess after but at least I smelled good :)
Final verdict: I liked it. Not sure if I would necessarily call it a miracle mask but it is definitely worth trying.
Have you tried this Pin? If so what did you think?