What you will need:
- 1 cup and about about a tbs of unsweetened vanilla almond milk (if we are being exact here). Make sure you check the back label. The one I buy only has 2 grams of carbs for every cup.
- 1/2 cup of frozen organic strawberries
- 1/2 tsp of cinnamon. Cinnamon is great for controlling blood sugars, diabetic or not
- About 2 tablespoons of almonds
- 1 tbs of chia seeds (optional)
Put everything in a Magic Bullet (if you are an avid smoothie maker I highly recommend this nifty little gadget) or blender. Blend until smooth.
The whole smoothie only has about 7-8 grams of carbs. Enjoy!