Cleaning your makeup brushes regularly will extend the shelf life of your makeup and help prevent the spread of bacteria, which can cause nasty side effects such as eye infections, acne and skin irritation.
A super easy and effective way to clean your brushes is to use all natural or organic baby shampoo.
- Fill a small bowl with 1 cup of lukewarm water
- Add 1 tsp of baby shampoo ( I use Burt's Bees Baby Bee Shampoo & Wash)
- Swirl your brushes in the mixture and use your fingers to gently clean each brush
- Rinse your brushes in lukewarm water to remove any soapy residue
- Reshape your brushes and lay flat to dry
So remember in order to keep your skin clear and free from unnecessary irritation clean your brushes monthly.