I am a huge fan of chia seeds (see chia seed coconut pudding recipe here) and all the amazing health benefits...plus they expand in your tummy and make you feel full faster (great for when eating dessert). I used a basic fudge recipe but added my own little twist.
What you will need:
- 3 cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup of butter
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- 1/2 cup of chia seeds
- Place the semi-sweet chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk, vanilla and butter in a large microwavable bowl. Microwave for about a minute and then stir. Microwave an additional 2 minutes or until mixture is all melted together.
- Stir in chia seeds.
- Pour into a greased glass baking dish.
- Refrigerate until it is firm and set.
My husband said, "this was some of the best fudge he ever had..and the chia seeds were subtle and not overwhelming." Such a great food critic he is :)
On a side note: I decided to extend this giveaway (because its AWESOME) a few more days. Don't miss out on a chance to win $150 to Jewelmint!