I recently started researching alternatives to some of my favorite dishes because there is NO way my plate will be without a big ole pile of mash potatoes.
I came across this recipe that uses cauliflower instead of potatoes. Hmmm not a big cauliflower fan so I wasn't sure. If there is a choice of either celery or cauliflower in a veggie dish 9 times out of 10 I will choose the celery. BUT I decided to give it a try since the reviews were outstanding.
***BEST MOCK mashed potatoes I have ever had!***
What you will need:
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1 tablespoon of cream cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon of minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 5 or so dashes of pepper
- Chives for garnish
- Wash and cut cauliflower into small pieces. Boil in a pot of water for about 10-15 minutes or until soft and cooked.
- Drain and dry using paper towels. Immediately place in food processor or blender. You do not want the cauliflower to cool.
- Puree the cauliflower with the cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle the top with chives and a few dashes of pepper. Serve!