We are a family who loves hummus, even little Max loves it. I decided I wanted to make a fallish (my computer does not think fallish is a word and insists on putting the red squiggly line underneath ) inspired little snack. I used this recipe as a guideline but made a couple tweaks and of course added butternut squash.
What you will need:
- 2 cups of butternut squash
- 1 can garbanzo beans
- 1/2 cup of tahini (sesame seed paste)
- 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil. *If you don't have extra virgin olive oil you can use extra slutty olive oil. Hahaa I heard that the other day and was giggling for a good 5 or so minutes in my head. Funny.
- 2 cloves of garlic. I used to think a clove of garlic was the whole bulb of garlic....that was A LONG time ago ;) My poor husband.
- The juice from half of a lemon
- A dash of cumin
- 3 dashes (sorry I did not measure this exactly) of cinnamon
- 3-4 dashes of pepper
- Slice up the butternut squash into small pieces and boil for about 8-9 minutes or until soft.
- Throw all the ingredients into a food processor or blender and pulse until smooth and creamy.