This was one of those weeks where I NEEDED a little sweet treat in my life. I was at the mall on Monday and I almost stopped at that amazing Wetzel Pretzel stand. They had these gooey melted cinnamon sticks that were calling my name. I resisted. I could not stop thinking about them and was determined to make my own version. I found a recipe here and put my own butt friendly twist on it.
What you will need:
- 1 package of ready made whole wheat dough. I got mine at Trader Joes.
- 1/2 cup of organic coconut sugar. Coconut sugar is a delicious alternative to regular sugar because it is low-glycemic and it wont cause that energy crash that you get from ordinary sugar.
- 1/4 cup of melted butter
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Roll out the dough into a long rectangle.
- Slice the dough into long strips
- Place each strip into the butter.
- Place each butter coated strip onto the plate with the cinnamon and sugar. Roll it around until in is evenly coated.
- Twist each end of the stripes in opposite directions.
- Place on a greased baking sheet and bake for 15-18 minutes.