The other night I said to Ian (kind of in a whiny tone), "I never have any time to blog anymore, I am just soooo busy." His response surprised me. I was thinking he was just going to say something like yep you're too busy, time to hang up the blog but he didn't. He said, "Yes you do have time. You are not too busy. You make time for things that are a priority and I know blogging is fun and important to you, so make more time for it." That was seriously just what I needed to hear to get that little fire under my butt started or however that expression goes.
So now on to this dank roasted purple sweet potato mash because I am sure that is the reason why you are here. You guysss this is amazing! And let's not forget to mention this is PURPLE (yes I am yelling right now) so I mean I don't want to be a spotlight stealer with these or anything but they will definitely put regular ole mash potatoes to shame.
What you will need:
- 4 med-large purple sweet potatoes
- 1/4 cup of organic grass fed butter
- 1/3 cup-1/2 cup (depending on your desired consistency add more or less) of coconut milk
- 3 tbs of honey
- 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Wash your sweet potatoes and poke several holes in them.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake for an hour or until you can easily poke a hole through each potato.
- Slice open the potatoes and scoop out the inside and place in a high powered blender or food processor.
- Add in the coconut milk, butter, cinnamon, honey and salt. Blend until you have achieved your desired consistency.
- Garnish with toasted walnuts or whatever else you like to top your mashed potatoes with.
I drizzled a little melted honey and butter on top and garnished it with walnuts....and boom so so good! The flavor and constancy of this is spot on and you will want to make it again and again. Please come back and let me know how you liked this if you make it!