Fall has arrived! I am pretty pumped for all things pumpkin and everything else that is super cliche that I totally get into. Southern California has not received the "lets have colder weather report" but I decided I was not going to let that ruin my fall fun. So to get everyone in my house in the spirit I made some freaking fantastic, frozen pumpkin pie bites. They were gone in a flash and so easy to make!
What you will need for the filling:
- 2 cups of raw cashews (soaked in water for 3-4 hours is ideal)
- 1 1/2 cup of pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil
- 1/2 cup of honey or maple syrup
What you will need for the crust:
- 2 cups of raw almonds
- 1 cup of pitted dates
- 1 tbs of coconut oil
- Place all of the ingredients for the crust in a food processor or high powered blender. Process until you have a sticky dough consistency. If you need to add a little more coconut oil to the crust do it at this point.
- Take a small amount of crust and roll it into a ball. Then place it on the bottom of your muffin tin and press down firmly so it holds together.
- Clean your food processor or blender and place all the ingredients for the filling inside. Process until you have a smooth pumpkin pie filling consistency
- Layer the filling on top of the crust.
- Place in the freezer for about an hour or until they are set.