Did you know that an entire eggplant has only 16 grams of carboydrate and 130 calories?! I had no idea until I googled it last week. Sometimes I google random stuff like that. Turns out eggplant can also help with digestion, skin tone (LOVE this one), weight loss (it makes you feel full and satisfied), mental health and it's a heart protector.
So basically you can eat an entire batch of eggplant fries and you are not even making a dent in the carbohydrate or calorie department and you are getting in some great health benefits.
I made these eggplant fries over the weekend and they were so so yummy! They are beyond addicting but basically guilt free, which are the best kind of fries in my opinion.
What you will need:
- one large eggplant
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup of almond milk
- 1 cup of almond meal
- 1/4 tsp of pepper
- 1/2 tsp of garlic salt
- olive oil or coconut oil cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Wash your eggplant and cut off each end.
- Cut your eggplant into length size slices and then cut each slice into fry size strips.
- Mix the eggs and almond milk together in a small bowl and set aside.
- Mix the almond meal, pepper and garlic salt together on a large plate.
- Dip each eggplant fry first into the egg mixture and then roll it around in the almond meal mixture making sure to coat it completely.
- Place all of your fries onto a parchment lined baking sheet and spray them with olive or coconut oil spray.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until they are nice and crispy.
You must try these! I will be making a double batch again this weekend for Super Bowl!