The other night I spotted something that I was so interested in making. Zucchini pasta. The user who uploaded her picture did not have a blog or a recipe so I did a little researching and used this recipe as a guideline as far as how to prepare the noodles.
For those of you who are reading and looking at this thinking "gross," this is far from gross. I PROMISE you will never think of zucchini the same and I mean that in the best way possible.
What you will need:
- 4-5 medium sized zucchini
- 3 large tomatoes (I used heirloom)
- 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic chopped
- 1 cup of spinach
- salt and pepper
- 4 tbs of flax seeds
Directions for preparing zucchini noodles:
- Cut the ends off of the zucchini and peel off the skin.
- Use a vegetable peeler to make thin "pasta like" strips. Stop when you get to the seeds.
- Place the zuchinni strips into a colander and toss with a little bit of salt. Let the zucchini drain in the sink for about 35 minutes. (The zucchini is not cooked for this recipe).
- Pat dry.
- Combine the tomatoes, olive oil, chopped garlic, spinach, flax seeds and salt and pepper into a blender and puree until smooth.
- Divide up the noodles and place desired amount of sauce on top. Top with fresh tomatoes and flax seeds.