Herbal steam benefits :
- Loosens debris and helps soften your skin
- Gives you a deeper cleanse
- Relaxing and therapeutic
What you will need:
- A few different herbs depending on your skin type. You can purchase these at your local bulk health food store for cheap.
-Dry/Sensitive/ Mature: camomile, basil, rose, lavender, cornflower
-Oily/Acne: comfrey, lemongrass, marshmallow root, peppermint, eucalyptus, licorice root
How to make you own herbal steam facial:
- Cleanse your face first.
- Decide what herbs you would like to use. I love the combination of licorice root and marshmallow root since I have oily skin.
- Boil a pot of water.
- Add herbs (3 tablespoons) to your bathroom sink.
- Transfer hot water to your sink. Make sure you plug it up beforehand.
- Cover your head with a towel and place your face about 6 inches abut the steam.
- Steam you skin for about 7 minutes.
If you have any questions regarding this post you can either e-mail me or leave them in the comment section and I will respond below.