Say the name of this recipe 5 times fast. Ha! Coming up with recipe names is seriously one of my favorite parts.
You guyyyssss I finally have a full working kitchen! You have no idea how freaking excited I am about this. Especially considering our temporary kitchen for the last 7 months was dark, tiny and dusty (from all the construction) 24/7. So you can imagine how un-motivating it was to cook and bake in there. I am now back on the wagon and ready to share so many new recipes I have been testing out.
For those of you who have been long time readers, you know I love easy, minimal, no fuss recipes and these blender muffins fit that bill perfectly. They literally take 5 minutes to put together, which makes them even more appealing when most of you are already strapped for time as is. I know I am.
What you will need:
- 1 large ripe banana
- 1/2 cup of creamy maple almond butter (or you can use another nut butter of your choice)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 1/2 cup of Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp of baking powder
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Throw all of the ingredients above into a blender. I LOVE my Ninja blender, which I literally use for everything.
- Blend for about 30 seconds or until you have a smooth consistency.
- Place muffin liners in a muffin tin* and fill each muffin cup with batter.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until knife or toothpick comes out clean.
- Let them cool and then enjoy!
* I used paper muffin liners (versus a silicone baking pan) for the second batch and they held up much better.