Before I got my first Fiddle Leaf Fig I had no idea how temperamental these beauties were. They need some serious care in the most hippie loving way. I am now the biggest fan of them and love slowly filling my house up with these stunning indoor plants.
One of the most commonly asked questions that I get whenever I share a picture of them on my Instagram is, "How often do you water them and how do you keep them alive?!"
So here are my tips for keeping your Fiddle Leaf Fig alive and thriving:
- Keep the soil moist at all times. If you press your finger down into the soil and it feels dry it is time to water again. This is usually once every 8 days for me.
- Water your plant until you see water coming out of the bottom for a good 10-20 seconds (longer if your plant is bigger).
- Keep your plant in an area that gets plenty of natural sunlight but is not in direct sunlight. Direct sunlight will damage the leaves.
- On the days where you water, use a spray bottle to spray the leaves to keep them hydrated. I've noticed that this helps new leaves grow in faster when I do this, opposed to when I do not spray the leaves.
- Turn your plant every couple of days. Fiddle Leaf Figs like to stretch out their leaves in the directions of the natural light and this will help ensure your plant is getting evenly loved.
- And lastly tell your Fiddle Leaf that you love her or him. Ha totally kidding but hey it couldn't hurt right? ;)
If you have any other questions regarding how I care for these plants you can leave them below and I will do my best to answer.