Well happy official fall! In my opinion there is no such thing as too much pumpkin anything once fall starts. I have been wanting to make a low carb Paleo pumpkin cookie for quite some time now but its seems like every recipe I have attempted is more like a breakfast bread cookie with just a hint of pumpkin. I wanted to make a pumpkin cookie that was moist, soft and sweet and tasted just like a pumpkin pie. Well these are exactly that and they will make your taste buds do a happy dance. My boys basically fought over the last of these cookies and that is always a good sign since they are my official taste testers.
What you will need:
- 1 cup of almond butter
- 1 cup of almond flour
- 3/4 cup of pumpkin puree
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp of baking soda
- 5 tbs of coconut sugar + a little extra to sprinkle on top
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- 1 tbs of pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine all of the above ingredients together in a bowl. Mix well until you have a sticky dough.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and drop rounded tbs size cookies onto the sheet.
- Use a the bottom of a glass or the back of a spoon to gently flatten out each cookie.
- Sprinkle a tiny bit of coconut sugar on top of the cookies.
- Bake for 13 minutes or until edges are golden.