The week of Thanksgiving is here, which really is my favorite time of the year. I will be somewhat unplugging from the blog until next week so I can really soak up this time with my family but in the meantime I wanted to share an easy, delicious and festive breakfast idea that we have all been loving around here. And if you are thinking that these scones are lookin pretty ugly, I would have to agree haha. BUT they are delicious and that's really what matters most :)
Hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
What you will need:
- 2 cups of almond meal
- 1/3 cup of shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 cup of fresh cranberries
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- a few dashes of sea salt
- 1 egg
- 3 tbs of honey
- 1 tbs of melted ghee
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- In a large bowl, mix together the almond meal, sea salt, baking soda, cranberries and coconut.
- In a separate bowl, mix the egg, honey and melted ghee together. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Mix well.
- Use your hands to knead together the dough. It will be somewhat dry and sticky and that is normal.
- Form dough into two large circles about 1/2 inch thick.
- Cut each circle like a pizza. You can determine how large or small you would like to make your scones.
- Place scones on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes or until tops have a hint of golden brown.